Friday, January 14, 2011

Response to Ruby~

"...but my point is that style can relate to one's personality, but it does not define it. Each person has a distinctive character, most often one that no other person has. If one person is different from another, why denigrate them?"
This quote is from Ruby's blog.
     In her post, Ruby talked about people's fashion relating to their personality and I would agree with what she says. People dress the way they do because they feel that that is the best way for them to express themselves to others on first glance. No one has a right to criticize anyone for the way they dress because firstly, it may be weird to you, but to them, it is a way to show themselves off without saying anything at all. 
     The fact that these people have the bravery to wear what they do is enough to show that who they are is more important than what people think. This is something that I really envy in people who chose to stand out. It is something that I could never do because I am too self conscious about what people think of me and blending in suits me more than standing out. Yeah, maybe once in a while I would wear something totally outrageous, but most of the time, I stick with little things that stand out instead of the whole outfit. 
     So people who are able to keep their style and personality without being afraid of others saying anything are really ones who I envy and look up to because it takes a lot of courage and individuality to do something that stands out so much. Individuality should be something everyone envies and for someone to degrade that uniqueness within a person just isn't right. 
     Ruby's blog post on this was a response to someone else's blog post and frankly, I don't agree with that person's point of view on how people who are scene are posers. Well no, this isn't true at all. Everyone looks at someone else's style before they develop the idea for their own originality. Nearly every idea is influenced or was brought about by things people see and like. After this person takes a liking into this idea or style, they begin to build their own personality into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment