Saturday, December 4, 2010

Response to Christy's post

"My parents always tells me that I am fat, It brought me down so much that it lowered my self esteem. I would cry myself to sleep knowing that I will never be beautiful compared to other girls. It affected me so much that I would starve for the rest of the day and only have something to drink."
     I got this from Christy's post What is the Definition of Beautiful.  Although the subject that Christy is discussing is incredibly important, I can't bring myself to ignore this section of her post. When I write this post, in no way am I trying to offend anyone.
     How would you react to a parent or even someone who you consider your friend to say this to you? I would feel put down, a lot like how Christy says she feels. I would feel so hurt and would completely break down, trying everything i can to become the perfect person, so that this person I care about will accept me and compliment me instead of sending these verbal attacks towards me. What kind of parent does this? Parents should be supportive and caring and be that person that a child can turn to when they have no one else to go to for help. What kind of parent are they when they are the ones who make their children feel so bad about themselves? Who can these children turn to for support when they look towards their parents for it?
     Again, I mean no offense to anyone who disagrees with my views or my comments, but look any person who is someone that people turn to for help should be there for those people and should be the ones who support and raise the self esteem of their friends or family, not the opposite of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment